Total hip replacement patient, Andy chose to receive at home rehabilitation with our Vitalis physiotherapist.
Andy shares his three reasons why he chose rehab in the home, “One was because I could do the rehab in the comfort of my own home. I could also minimise the risk of post operative infection. And thirdly, I could just get on with my life much more quickly and return to the routines that I wanted to return to and put that formal hospitalisation part of it behind me and I’m very glad I made that choice.”
The Vitalis Rehab In The Home (RITH) program aims to facilitate the process of recuperation and healing at home following Hip & Knee replacement surgery. It focuses on mitigating the risk of Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI’s), complications from extended bed rest, and surgical waitlists.
Vitalis RITH care model was designed in consultation with a rehabilitation physician encompassing the following set of objectives:
• Provide a subacute rehabilitation program in the home environment.
• Provide an alternative to traditional inpatient rehabilitation.
• Reduce acute hospital length of stay and facilitate earlier discharge.
• Optimise patient functional/rehabilitation outcomes in the home/community environment.
• Provide a multidisciplinary rehabilitation program that runs for 4 to 6 weeks post discharge